Sunday, September 4, 2016

Feedback Thoughts

The article "The Difference Between Praise That Promotes Narcissism vs. Healthy Self-Esteem" really interested me as a mom. I give my three year old compliments all the time because he is constantly amazing me. I never really thought about how I worded my compliments would affect my son's self-esteem and how he viewed himself compared to others. This article helped me realize that I should focus more on praising his hard work rather than just a personality trait.

I also liked the article "5 Tips For Taking Feedback Like a Champ" on a personal level. I haven't always been the best at receiving feedback. I always put on a good face, but on the inside I tend to over analyze. I am a perfectionist, so sometimes critical feedback can be hard for me to swallow. I have gotten much better at it over the years and I've used some of these tips to do so. My favorite tip was probably the second one that says having areas to grow in is a good thing because it means you still have more potential to tap into. This is very motivational because even though it shows you some weaknesses, it also shows you that you haven't maxed out and are still of use. You can still learn and grow. I also agree that having self-compassion is important in receiving feedback. It just helps keep in mind that we aren't perfect and having room to grow is a good thing.

                                                                             
Created by MemeGenerator.net
Source: Meme Generator

No comments:

Post a Comment