Sunday, September 18, 2016

Feedback Focus

                                                                          
Image Courtesy of Cheezburger
I do like the reading out loud technique. I feel like it gives a better awareness of what is going on in the story and also allows a better feel for the flow and style of the story. I think it would help give more detailed comments over the story that is being read. The King, the Falcon, and the Drinking-Cup is a story that I have heard before, but reading it out loud helped give me a better feel for it.

I liked the copy and delete technique better than the reading out loud technique. I think it was more helpful in producing comments. It had me focus on a topic from each paragraph, which gave me a lot to work with once I had finished the story of What Makes the Lightening. I think this would be very useful, especially for longer stories or time crunches. It allows you to focus on specifics of the story, but allows you to save time because you are commenting as you go. Then you can take your comments at the end and add to them and clean them up.

I liked the timed technique as well. I read the story of What the Heart Desires. I read through the story twice just so I wouldn’t miss any details. I then used the remainder of my time studying the word choice and style and how they complimented the story itself. I also coupled this technique with the copy and delete technique when I read the story the second time. I wanted to be able to really focus on the details of this story because it was a little longer.


I think the copy and delete technique and the timed technique will benefit me the most. Reading out loud makes me focus on the reading a little more, but not as much as the other two do. I feel like these two techniques will help me get the most out of the stories and will also help me give better feedback for the author. I will definitely use them in the future. I enjoyed all the stories. I liked What Makes the Lightening because I am always interested in different cultures’ reasons for nature events or occurrences. I also liked What the Heart Desires because I always find it interesting to read a backstory to a story that has already been written. I also think it is a good way of knowing how the author interpreted the original story by seeing how they styled their version of a back story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment