Thursday, August 25, 2016

Reading Options

My choice for week 2 is Apuleius's Cupid and Psyche. I love all things having to do with fairy tales, so naturally this one caught my eye. I especially found it intriguing that it was compared to Beauty and the Beast, which is one of my favorite Disney tales. 

One of the other units that I thought would be interesting was Europa's Fairy Book. As you can see, I wasn't lying about loving fairy tales. I think what drew my attention to this particular one was that it incorporated many different versions of fairy tales. I'm interested to see what will be familiar to me and what will be different from what I already know. 

This image was definitely the most eye catching of the four that I encountered while browsing


The second one that caught my eye was Beowulf. I was interested in this one because I also like heroic tales. I was also drawn to this one because many of my friends had to read this in high school, but I never did. They would always talk about it and I have always been curious to see what exactly they were talking about.

The third unit that drew my attention was Twenty-Two Goblins. I have always enjoyed riddles, so as soon as I read that there were riddles involved, I was hooked. The plot in general just sounds very intriguing and I am interested to see how it unfolds!

No comments:

Post a Comment