Thursday, August 25, 2016

My Storybook Favorites

I was already familiar with most of the topics presented in this Storybook. The only thing that was new to me was that of Belle’s sisters. I had never heard that part of the story before. It was very intriguing. The introduction does a great job of setting up the story as a gossip site. It kind of reminds me of the show Gossip Girl. It also does a good job of setting up the first story, so that the reader will keep reading in order to learn more. Overall the design was good. It looked like a basic layout, but I thought it was smoothly put together. The navigation was also set up well, with the introduction to the site and then the three different stories following. 


I really liked this Storybook for a few reasons. The first being simply that I love cats. A lot. The second being that I got to learn about stories of cats from different cultures. I had a small amount of knowledge over the story of Bastet, but the other two stories were completely new to me. The introduction was pretty clever. I enjoyed how it gave cats human like qualities and also incorporated time travel. It was different enough to make me want to read more. I thought the images helped solidify the stories and that the navigation flowed smoothly from story to story.



This Storybook had topics that I was familiar with, as well as ones that I was not. I’ve heard the tale of Rumpelstiltskin, Rapunzel, Snow White, etc. However, I had not heard the tale of The Robber Bridegroom or Fitcher’s Bird. These stories were both brand new to me. I think the introduction to this topic was well played out. It grabbed my attention by presenting itself as a talk show with other characters as viewers at home. I thought the design of the Storybook was also well thought out. It used a dark background to coincide with the dark matter of the stories being talked about. They also did a good job at finding images of the stories to insert into the pages. The navigation is well put together, starting with the introduction of the show and then adding on the different guests. 

One of my favorite images from the three Storybooks

No comments:

Post a Comment