Monday, October 10, 2016

Week 8 Reflections

After looking back on my reading notes, I would say that I have made good reading choices. I tend to pick the stories I know I will be interested. I may click on a few different story options until I find one that jumps out at me the most. Most of my reading choices have been fairy tale related or have shared fairy tale aspects. My favorites were probably Cupid and Psyche and Turkish Fairy Tales. I love reading about gods and goddesses and I love all things fairy tales, so I had fun with these two units.

I haven't found a specific time to read and do my notes, but I always look forward to the time that I get to do the readings. I have always loved to read, so this class is a blast for me!
Open Book by Lisa Hanson
Source:Social Science Space

When I am doing my notes I usually just make notes about the specific stories I like. I am usually able to figure out which story I want to retell in each section, so I just make notes about that one story. However, there are some instances where I'm not really sure which story to choose and so I will make notes over a few different stories in the reading section so that I have a enough details to look back over to make my decision.

For unit 9-10 I am looking forward to reading either The American Indian Tales, Inuit (Eskimo), and/or Marriage Tales. For unit 11-12 the Celtic Tales, Canterbury Tales, and Faerie Queene jumped out at me the most. Finally for unit 13-14 I literally have no idea how I am going to choose which stories to read. This is like my story heaven!  I am intrigued by the Brothers Grimm because I want to see where some of my favorite stories have derived from. Fairy Tales by country interests me because I love seeing variations of my favorite stories. I also am super interested in looking into the Fairy Tale anthologies and Literary Works. Like I said, I have no idea how I will choose in this unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment