Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Reading Notes: American Indian Fairy Tales Part B

I really like that the girls in the tales are adventurous and independent. The Fairy Bride was probably one of my favorites in this unit. Neen-i-zu is so interesting and has such a beautiful sense of adventure. She is strong in her beliefs and hopeful in magic. I like how the way she is describe paints her in a similar light as you might think of a fairy.

It gives it a good sense of foreshadowing. This story is really interesting to me and I would love to see the interaction between the fairy and Neen-i-zu that made her go with him and I would also love to see what their life was like after she wed him. I think this would be a great story for me to retell in the storytelling assignment this week.


Image Info: Fairy Bride taken from thecelticshop.net on Pinterest

Bibliography: American Indian Fairy Tales by W.T. Larned; Mythology and Folklore Untextbook

No comments:

Post a Comment