Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Reading Notes: American Indian Fairy Tales Part A

The story of American Indian: The Little Boy and Girl in the Clouds was fun to read. I love the imagery that is used throughout the story. I can clearly picture all the aspects involved as if I am in the scene itself. I am a big fan of imagery. Maybe I could use similar imagery in my story. I could change the story itself, but stick to the imagery style and the way the style in which the story is told. I like the aspect of the story that the smallest creature was able to make the most difference. I think I could definitely take that idea and use it in a new, but similar story.

Measuring Worm by William E. Ferguson
The story of The Child of the Evening Star was also interesting because it had that fairy tale vibe that I love so much! It also has fantastic imagery as well! Oweenee has a Cinderella/Snow White aspect to her because of the love the animals give her. I like that she is different than the rest of her sisters but that despite the fact that she is shy, she still has a strong mind of her own. I also love that she wants a husband based off his heart and not his looks. It is definitely an important message. The fact that neither Oweenee and Osseo care about what is visible on the outside, but instead love each other for what is not visible to the eye. I really like this story for my week 9 storytelling I just have to find what I want to change into my own. I think it would be interesting to make a story about the sun finding love because he is so lonely.

Mythfolklore Blogspot


Bibliography: American Indian Fairy Tales by W.T Larned; Mythology and Folklore Untextbook

No comments:

Post a Comment