Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Reading Notes: Brothers Grimm (LibriVox) Part B

From a Children's Story by Sybil Shearin



I really liked the story of the Queen Bee. I hadn't ever read it before, but I liked that the underdog was the one who ended up saving the day. The other two brothers still got to live seemingly happy lives after, but the younger one got a better deal and all because he was kind and considerate. I don't know how I would adapt it, but I really enjoyed reading it!

The Twelve Huntsman was a good read. I think this would be fun to make into a modern tale. A story about unrelenting love. I like that she went to be near him, but didn't do anything rash or out of character despite her broken heart. In the end their love won out and that was all that mattered.

Jordina and Jorindel would be a fun story to turn into a story resembling a modern day kidnapping. It would be kind of dark, but the original story sets it up nicely.

Bibliography: Fairy Tales by the Brothers Grimm; Mythology and Folklore UntextbookThe

1 comment:

  1. I like the way your reading notes are set up. That you give a description of your top favorite stories. Every time I read your reading notes I always want to go and read the original stories. I also love the photo you chose for this week.

    ReplyDelete