Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Reading Notes: Brothers Grimm (LibriVox) part A

I love the story of The Frog Prince. It has been awhile since I read it. It bothered me a little that the Princess was seemingly mean to the frog and did what she did unwillingly and yet he still wanted to love her and marry her. I think it would be interesting to make the Princess and the Frog build a relationship first and then have her say she loves him and that is what breaks the curse. It seems a little to easy for the Princess to reluctantly put the frog up and then get an awesome reward.

Rapunzel is probably one of my favorite stories. I love that even though she and the prince go through so many obstacles, they still are able to be together in the end. I think it would be fun to make this a modern day story. I haven't quite figured out what details I would use, but the thought intrigues me.

Clever Elsie was definitely an interesting read. She sounds more crazy than clever to me! Ha, but I did find pity on her when her husband tricked her. I don't know how I could adapt this, but it definitely caught my attention.

I think it would be interesting to make a sequel to Briar Rose. It would be fun to see how the Prince helped her and her court adapt to the new world. I mean 100 years have gone by surely things have changed. It would also be fun to tell the story from the Prince's perspective, perhaps as a bed time story to his children.




Bibliography: Fairy Tales by the Brothers Grimm; Mythology and Folklore Untextbook
Image information: Image 1= The Frog Prince by Paul Friedrich Meyerheim (Wikipedia)
Image 2= The Rose Bower from the "Legend of Briar Rose" series by Sir Edward Burne-Jones (Wikimedia Commons)

No comments:

Post a Comment